FAQs – I-wize Group

Get to know i-wize?

What is i-wize group, exactly? How does it work?

i-wize group is a blockchain online financial advisor. We help you plan your financial goals and recommend smart investment choices, so that you save time and gain peace of mind, knowing that your money is working for you properly.

When you register for your i-wize portfolio, we advise you on what your portfolio should include, while giving you control over how much risk you take on. All portfolio strategies we advise are globally diversified and built using index-tracking exchange-traded funds (ETFs). We pick the funds and assets for you, making recommendations that control costs and taxes. We also automatically take care of portfolio rebalancing, reinvesting dividends and tax loss harvesting.

When you make a deposit in your account, we invest all of your money manually, trading fractional shares for you in the background. That means there’s no extra step to turn your cash into investments, and your returns aren’t dragged down by holding extra cash.

What are i-wize's fees?

i-wize group charges a trading fee of ONLY 0.28% per withdrawal on basic savings investment portfolios except the premium plan where we charge 0.51% per withdrawal, you can also gain over-the-phone access to our team of CFP® professionals and licensed financial experts who can provide in-depth advice on investments outside of i-wize. This Premium plan requires a minimum balance of $330,000. Learn more about our pricing.

For either plan, we calculate your fee daily so we can accurately account for deposits, withdrawals and market fluctuations that occur. We total the fees from those daily calculations each quarter, billing you a fraction of the total annual fee. This means that if you withdraw your balance before the end of the quarter you’re only charged the fee for the days your money was managed by i-wize group.

What does the fee get you?

It covers the advice you receive, the transactions, trades, transfers and rebalancing we manage for you, and all other account administration. We do not charge you ANY additional transaction fees to buy and sell securities.

How does i-wize group compare to other robo-advisors?

Like i-wize, most robo-advisors use technology to recommend a portfolio and automate the investment process. i-wize group do not stop there. We are designed to help you identify your financial goals, choose a portfolio for each of your goals, automate your savings, and keep your Taxes and fees lowest. When you have questions, Our licensed experts from our Support and Advice teams are ready over the phone and email or to refer you to a one-on-one financial advisor.

In other words, i-wize aims to help you answer, “How can I be a smarter, better investor across my finances?” while other robo-advisors only answer “What should my portfolio look like?”

How is i-wize group regulated to keep investor's money safe?

i-wize group offers advice as a fiduciary and we help you manage your money. Your money is protected through i-wize Securities’ membership in SIPC, insuring investors up to $2,500,000.00 (including $1,200,000.00 in claims for cash). Note that SIPC insurance does not protect against market changes in your account. Learn more in SIPC’s explanatory brochure. All funds transferred into the platform is secured with 100% money back guarantee.

How to Earn using the i-wize Platform?

What investments is i-wize group offering?
  • Escrow supply chain
  • Forex CFD
  • Cryptocurrency CFD trading and Bitcoin supply and demand
  • Crude Oil and Gas Supply chain
  • Real estates and Properties ownership and Rentals

For each of your financial goals, i-wize group strategizes a specific Oil and Bitcoin-to-bond allocation of our recommended portfolio strategy. These portfolio strategies are designed to reflect the total world market to help maximize expected returns while minimizing management risk.

How do I move my money to the i-wize platform?

You can make deposits or withdrawals in your account using any of the compatible payment methods.

Payments through:

  • Bank Wires/ Cheques
  • Bitcoin or Ethereum

You can discuss and agree on a convenient payment option with us for your deposits and withdrawals.

What type of accounts does i-wize group offer?

i-wize helps you pursue different financial goals. One way we do this is by offering different account types that align with your goals. The baseline account type is a personal taxable account which include.

  • Growth Accounts ( The Premium Cap )
  • income Accounts ( The BTC Cap )

*We also offer joint accounts for partners and Families.

For your retirement savings, you can own:

  • i-wize Basic Savings Capital
  • i-wize Premium Capital

To help you make plans for your beneficiaries.

We also support Crypto trading accounts for growth purposes.

You can open any of these account types once you sign up. You can also align each of your accounts to a different investment goals.

How can I get help when I need it?

Our knowledgeable Customer Support Team is available seven days a week to help answer your questions. We offer phone, email, and limited chat availability. Sign up today to get started and contact us with your additional questions. Follow us on Instagram @iwizegroup

USA and Canada Residential

Hi I’m a Canadian who lives in the U.S. Should I keep my RRSP intact in Canada?

It is recommended that you retain your RRSP intact in Canada until retirement to maintain the deferral of taxes as contemplated when you made your original investment. Click here for our RRSP information page for Canadian expatriates.

I am a Canadian who moved to the U.S. during the year. What are my filing options?

In the year you enter the U.S., you can choose to file a “dual status” return, We normally calculate both scenarios to determine the best course of action. Click for more filing status options for the year of your move.

I am an American who has lived abroad for a long time and have filed returns in the U.S. each year, but I did not realize that I needed to report such things as bank and securities accounts, RRSP’s, TFSA’s, RESP’s, or foreign corporate holdings. Can I correct this?

U.S. citizens are required to file U.S. reports on foreign bank accounts, securities accounts, trusts and corporations regardless of where they may live. Normally, where no tax is owing because income earned abroad has been fully reported for U.S. tax purposes, filing Foreign Bank Account Reports (FBAR’s) for the past eight years will correct your filing obligations. Periodically there are voluntary disclosure initiatives through which IRS encourages compliance. Here is a link to the latest voluntary disclosure initiative offered by IRS.

I file my tax returns on time in Canada (or the U.S.) where I live, and may not meet the filing threshold to file a return in the other country from which I have income. Should I file anyway?

Yes. If you had income from the other country and may be required to file, or if your income is eliminated by the operation of a tax Treaty or exlusion, failure to file will leave that year open in the other country while your home country return is closed by statute in three years. If a return is never filed, the year never closes, so many years from now, if the second country assesses tax, you will not be able to amend your home country return to claim a foreign tax credit, resulting in double taxation. Further, if you do not file a return to claim a Treaty or other exemption, the presumption may be that you do not want the protection offered by the Treaty, and it will later be denied. Click for more information on filing requirements.

Options for U.S. Taxpayers to Disclose Foreign Financial Assets

Effective July 1, 2014, the IRS announced it has expanded the Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures for non-resident, non-filer taxpayers to include taxpayers who reside in the United States.

There are 4 new options available for U.S taxpayers to become compliant with their past tax and international information reporting regarding foreign financial assets:

1. Offshore Voluntary Disclosed Program

2. Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures

a. Streamlined Foreign Offshore Procedure – For U.S. citizens or permanent residents who live outside the United States.

b. Streamlined Domestic Offshore Procedure – For U.S. citizens or permanent residents who reside within the United States.

3. Delinquent Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts Submission Procedures

4. Delinquent International Information Return Submission Procedures